A sunflower seed bread easy to prepare as a plum cake. Since I prepared the veggie burger I was curious about sunflower seeds. In that occasion I had found only shelled ones and then I searched elsewhere and (easily) found ready-to-use ones.
This bread is tasty and very fulfilling. It gives you that sensation of treating yourself well, as its ingredients list contains a lot of well known healthy products as flax seeds, whole wheat flour and honey (instead of sugar).
I ate it for breakfast with strawberry jam and I felt satisfied and well nourished. I stored it in the fridge and just heated it on the grill before eating… well, as I write now I feel like eating it I found this easy recipe in Pastry Affair blog and tried it a few days later.
An Exquisite And Simple Sunflower Seed Bread
A quick recipe for sunflower seed bread that needs no kneading or growing time
250 gr flour
250 gr whole wheat flour
100 gr roasted sunflower seeds
50 gr of flax seeds
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp salt
80 gr of honey
4 tbsp butter (melted)
350 ml low fat milk
sunflower and flax seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, stir the eggs together with honey, melted butter and milk until it becomes uniform.
- Mix the two mixtures only the necessary to incorporate.
- Cover a plum cake pan with parchment sheet.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and sprinkle some sunflower and flax seeds.
- Bake for about 40/50 minutes or until browned.
- Let it rest 15 minutes into the pan before removing to let it cool on a rack.
- Buon appetito!