When I first saw these strawberries and cream Santa Claus I could quite not wait to prepare them.
They’re beautiful, they’re tender…I quite had no courage to eat them. They are those kind of Christmas treats that takes us back to our childhood’s memories, those kind of “magic” things.
Yes, because Christmas IS magic. No matter how we want to see or call it.
Yesterday I had a dear friend at home for dinner and she noticed my Christmas tree has colored lights. We were commenting that Christmas tree colored lights take us back to when we were small children. Sometimes I stare at the tree’s light and it seems to be back when I was 5 years old and looked at the tree imagining when Santa Claus would come. Don’t ask me why, as it is supposed to be the Christmas magic, no ?
I first saw this strawberries and cream Santa Claus in Leanne Bakes’ blog, the same where I got inspiration for my Christmas Cookies tree. As always, I changed something. I often ask myself if there really exist people who invent all their recipes or, as I believe, everything changes. We get inspired seeing something and we add a touch of ourselves that, inevitably, will make it a little bit different and will contain a part of us.
If you’re in a hurry you can use whipped cream in spray. I didn’t. I used fresh cream and whipped it with a bit of icing sugar (delicious).
- fresh strawberries
- whipped cream
- icing sugar
- chocolate chips
- Wash and dry the strawberries.
- Cut the leaf using a knife so that you’ll have a stable basis for Santa.
- Whip up the cream with a bit of icing sugar and put it into a sac a poche.
- Cut the strawberries in two equal pieces.
- Create the beard/face with cream.
- Add the hat (second half of the strawberry) and create a pompom over it.
- Create the eyes with chocolate chips.
- Using toothpicks, create small buttons for the jacket.
- Keep in the fridge.
- Buon appetito!