This omelet recipe is perfect for these hot Summer days. It is easy, practical and can be prepared in advance.
I don’t know how is the weather where you live, but I begin to feel uncomfortable with hot weather here in Sardinia. I am even lucky because living close to the sea, the air is always fresher and being an island, it is often windy…but cooking becomes less pleasant – at least you stay less inkitchen with your oven turned on.
So I am becoming fond of these recipes that, other than being vegetarian and light, are easy and quick to prepare. Yesterday I prepared the spicy potato salad, and tomorrow I’ll post another recipe like these ones.
This zucchini and potato omelet recipe is easy and healthy, as it is baked instead of fried. I prepared it in advance, as I wanted to photograph it and then go togym. Well, I ate a small piece to check if it was good (it was!), and right after finishing the photos my daughter came home hungry and ate immediately two slices. What do I mean? That it is that kind of food that you can eat anytime.
A Super Easy Zucchini and Potato Omelet Recipe
Oven baked zucchini and potato omelet
2/5 cup of milk
2 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them in small cubes.
- Wash the zucchini and cut in pieces.
- Put 2 tbsp of oil into a non-adherent pan and add the potatoes and zucchini.
- Let them cook for 5 minutes with high gas, turning them once in a while.
- Add salt, cover the pan and lower the gas. Let it cook for 10 minutes, stirring once in a while with a wood spoon.
- Turn off the gas and let them cool uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Put the eggs into a bowl, add the milk, the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and grated nutmeg. Beat them with a fork until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the zucchini and potatoes to the mixture.
- Grease a round pan of about 22cm/8.6in, pour the eggs mixture and distribute it uniformly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick you introduce into the omelet comes out clean.
- Let it rest for some minutes before serving. Good also at room temperature.
- Buon appetito!