I have prepared this no knead bread recipe for so many times…always with excellent results. I prepared it dividing the dough and making three loafs, I did it as small round bread balls, and I did this today, dividing the dough in two, resulting in a larger loaf (I ate a slice for snack with a thin layer of salted butter and it was delicious).
This bread can be eaten for breakfast, with butter and/or jam; can be used to a snack and also served with main meals.
If you keep it into a plastic bag, it last for two or three days and are excellent when re-heated.
An important thing: do not use baking paper. I noticed that without it, the result is even better, as the crust remains crispy and the inside very soft. Use a non-adherent oven pan (I forgot it today and it attached a little bit to the oven pan, but it came off easily).
You need 2 hours and a half from when you begin mixing the flour to the yeast to the time you take it out from the oven. It’s the quickest bread I’ve ever seen It’s easy to prepare and you don’t need space to work the dough nor kneading machines. Just mix the ingredients using a fork (or even using your kneading machine, but it is not mandatory at all – I’ve tried both ways).
Important: melt the yeast into the water, together with the honey. Add it to the flour and mix it well. Only then add the salt. Remember that salt should never be addede together with the yeast, as it “kills” the yeast.
After mixing, cover it with a fabric or plastic wrap and let it rest for a couple of hours and it’s time to bake it!
No Knead Bread Recipe
An easy and quick no knead bread recipe
500 gr of flour 00
370 ml of lightly warm water
12 gr of baker’s yeast
1 teaspoon of honey
2 teaspoons of salt
- Put the flour into a bowl.
- Melt the yeast into the water and add the honey.
- Mixing with a fork (or using a machine) add the water to the flour. When it’s well mixed, add the salt and mix to distribute it.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a dish towel and let it rest for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 240°C/464°F.
- Put some flour on a non-adherent oven pan. Transfer the dough to the pan, trying not to move it too much. Divide in 2 or 3 loafs and put into the oven for 20 minutes or until it’s colored.
- Buon appetito!