I prepared this happy birthday cake for my sister as, fortunately, she is here at my home this year for her birthday that is today, May 13th.
I was looking for something different and quick to prepare, as she is here for less than a weekand time is flying by. Well, I went to the kitchen and in real little time it was ready.
It is a very simple (and light) recipe: the cake is made with egg whites and sugarand I added a berries caramel to decorate it. We’ve been eating a lot during her days here, and I didn’t feel like preparing a heavy cake. I just wanted a beautiful idea to commemorate her birthday with joy.
You just have to beat the egg whites with sugar until stiff and then cook it in bain marie until it solidifies. I then prepared a coulis using sugar, water and frozen red berries…that’s all! But…I believe the most important thing for this cake is to use the Rose Silicone Mold.
Happy Birthday Cake For My Sister
A simple recipe with egg whites and sugar
- for the cake
6 egg whites
6 tablespoons of white sugar
- for the topping
5 tablespoons of sugar
2 cups of berries
- Preheat the oven to180°C/356°F.
- Beat the egg whites adding the sugar slowly until stiff.
- Take the mold and use some cooking spray to facilitate dettaching after baking.
- Gently pour the egg whites into it, taking care of filling the spaces that form the rose shape.
- Bake in bain marie for about 25 minutes, or until colored.
- Take it out from the oven but do not take it out from the mold immediately.
- Prepare the red fruits topping putting the sugar with the water in a pan.
- Lei it boil and after a couple of minutes add the berries.
- Do not stir vigorously to avoid damaging the delicate fruits.
- Lower the gas until it reaches the right consistency.
- Take the cake out of the mold carefully.
- When the topping cools, pour it over the cake filling the spaces given by the rose shape.
- Buon appetito!