I had this cookie recipe on my to-do list, and as today is Valentines in Brazil, I decided to make them heart shaped to celebrate love.
I really don’t know why I waited so long to prepare them as they are extremely easy to do, with no surprises and guaranteed satisfaction . I was attracted to this recipe because it contains rolled oats that I just adore inside biscuits. It is also healthy because prepared with wholewheat flour and brown sugar. It contains no butter! A lot of good reasons to make it.
You just have to mix all the ingredients, except for the water, using a mixer. Put the mixture into a bowl and add a couple of tablespoons of water to help combining and mix it using your hands. Add water if necessary, but always in small quantities because it really needs little water.
Using a rolling pin, roll it on parchment paper to a thickness of 0.5cm/0.2in, not less. Cut it into biscuits, using a cookie cutter or a knife. Bake in preheated oven (180°C/356°F) for 10 minutes. That’s all! Simple, isn’t it? I have found it in an Italian blog called Stella di Sale.
A Romantic Chocolate Cookie Recipe
A healthy and vegan recipe for cookies with raisins and rolled oats
100 gr of whole wheat flour
100 gr of raisins
50 gr of rolled oats
70 gr of brown sugar
20 gr of unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
a pinch of salt
2 tbsp of water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Put all the ingredients (except the water) into a mixer bowl to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add 2 tbsp of water and mix until well combined. Add water only if needed.
- Using a rolling pin spread the dough on parchment paper to the thickness of 0.5cm/0.2in, not less.
- Cut the dough into biscuits using a cookie cutter or a knife.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool before eating.
- Makes 26 biscuits.
- Buon appetito!